About Ughhrrumph

Ughhrrumph is an onomatopoeia for the frustration I felt working in the job that I hated, with a boss that didn't understand my job, yet liked to micromanage (I was a low-level data analyst at the time). It was the exact feeling that got me dreaming about escaping the rat-race, and the feeling that helped me realise the importance of reaching financial independence, and retiring early (FIRE).

I left that job years ago, but I haven't forgotten how it felt.

I owe a lot to that feeling of frustration, and I don't want to forget it.

Frustration isn't usually looked upon with fondness, but if I'm honest, I do a lot of my best work when I'm frustrated. For example, I made my own FIRE calculator because I was frustrated with the complexity of picking the best strategy to reach FIRE. It helped me so much to come to peace with my plan, I started this blog as a vehicle for sharing the calculator hoping it might also help others.

I assume there will be more frustrations on my own road to FIRE. If I can share how I work through them, maybe I can save other people from experiencing the same frustration. 

I'm committed to being irregular in putting out content, and only doing so when I think I can add value beyond what is currently available.

Ugh

Header image courtesy of absurd.design

Ughhrrumph is not a financial adviser. You should consider seeking independent legal, financial, taxation or other advice to check how the website information relates to your unique circumstances. Ughhrrumph does not guarantee the accuracy of any information on this website, and is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIRE milestone calculator

Ughhrrumph FIRE calculator with four investment scenarios

Franking credit refund calculator